Friday, July 4, 2008

Who is James "Gator" Fiske


I have been married for 35 years to my wife, Laura. We have two children, a boy and a girl, who have two children each. Being a grandfather makes one feel old and is supposed to be a position of great knowledge and wisdom. Unfortunately, as age sets in, either Mad Cow disease, Alzheimer’s, or just the experience of raising children begins to take over.

I have managed through the years to develop a passion for different types of music; Bluegrass, Country, Rock, and Classical. (Rap is definitely not one of the choices – sorry Snoop-Dogg). I somehow picked up a few chords on the guitar and mandolin a couple of years ago (to play rhythm only) and also started singing. The singing came about from Boy Scout Woodbadge Leadership training. My brother-in law, his brother and myself formed a group (called the Hogg-Pit Band) during training and sang little ditties at training sessions. This brought on gigs to Boy Scout Camporees, District banquets, Eagle ceremonies and church picnics. I joined a Country band, helped make a CD, quit the band and now just get together with people and jam. That is my therapy.

I have been in the automotive parts sales business, off and on now, since 1970, one year after high school graduation. I started out at a Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealership. Through the years, I have worked at GM dealerships, (one as the Parts Manager), Independent Parts stores and managed 2 different NAPA stores. I have also been a Quality Assurance Technician for a major hose clamp manufacturer and assisted in the development of clamps for Isuzu/D-Max, International and Caterpillar.

I am now an Independent Broker for a premier on-line parts store which just kicked off in December of 2007 and is growing by leaps and bounds. With the fuel prices being what they are, this business should explode! More and more people are using the Internet to research buying auto parts, thus saving the hassle of standing in line at a parts store, not to mention the fuel savings! This is indeed the future of auto parts sales as the gasoline and diesel fuel prices continue to sky-rocket. Imagine, sitting in your chair at the computer, barefoot, purchasing auto parts, and as a member, obtaining rebates from your sales of parts, developing customers and other brokers, and receiving rebates from their purchases and sales 24/7!

1 comment:

Wavecritter said...

Awesome Bio Gator, Great Blogsite :) I 'featured you' on MyVMTeam.org :)